Golf Clubhouse

Golf Clubhouse

The Clubhouse sits on a knoll overlooking the 1st tee and 18th green.


Hart|Howerton, well known for its clubhouse designs, created the Clubhouse at the Preserve. On a knoll among oaks with commanding panoramas of mountain skyline and oriented to shelter sunny terraces from prevailing breezes, the Clubhouse overlooks the 1st tee and 18th green. The architecture suggests a compound of restored historic buildings built over time between 1830 and 1910. The scale is almost residential. The Great Room, a simple stone structure surrounded by a veranda, evokes the original hacienda. The Pro Shop/Cart Barn recalls 19th century outbuildings. The two-story Locker Room building reprises the “Old Monterey” colonial style and its New England influences. The warm, inward-focused Lounge/Bar and
Golf Clubhouse - Private Golf Club Carmel, Private Golf Club Monterey Peninsula
Grille room reflect the century-old vogue of melding Hispanic adobe customs with the hand-wrought ornamentation of the Arts and Crafts Movement of the early 20th century.